Search This Blog

Theatre Script of Strong Roots (Wings of fire) For a Project work of class -XII


Film/Theatre script
·        Introduction
What is film?
     A film is a series of still images which creates an illusion of moving images when on a screen. This helps us to discover continuous motion between different objects viewed rapidly in succession.
            The process of film-making is both an art and an industry which include an optical sound track, which is a graphic recording of the spoken words, music and other sounds that are needed to accompany the images.
·        What is Theatre?
Theatre is one of the most popular forms of fine art. It is a collaborative form of art. In this form of art we find live performers who present real or imaginary events of our life. It is performed in front of an audience live in an auditorium or sometimes on an open-air state.
·        What is a script?
A script is a written form of outline which contains audio, visual, behavioral and linguistic elements which are needed to present a life-like situation. Script is very important because film and theatre require a team effort consisting of the director, the editor, actors, actresses, technical persons, makeup artistes etc. Together they
Theater Script
Theater Script based on A.P.J.Abdul Kalam’s autobiography ‘Strong Root’ (Wings of Fire)
Characters: Kalam, Kalam’s Father (Jainulabdeen) , Klam’s mother (Ashiamma)
Place: House of the Kalam
                                     Script
                          Seen - I
                                               [Curtains drawn back]
[In the reading room Kalam was reading and Kalam’s father enters wearing traditional attire]
Jainulabdeen : (Enters into the room where  Kalam was reading) What are you reading Kalam?
Kalam : (respectfully) Father, I just reading the history of India.
Janulabdeen : (casually) Kalam, do you know anything about our Rameswaram?
Kalam :  (loudly) Rameswaram is the island town in the erstwhile of Madras State.
Jainulabdeen: Yes, you are fully correct.
Kalam: Father (politely) I want to know about you.
Jainulabdeen: (In a dreamy way) I am very proud of my son. You ask a good question. (In low voice) I had neither much formal education nor much wealth and despite these disadvantages I have been continuing my religious cultural life. You were born in a middle class Tamil family.
Kalam:  (respectfully) I know father.
Jainulabdeen: I know my son knows everything. Do you know Kalam how many people feed at our home?
Kalam : No, I don’t recall the exact number father.
Jainulabdeen : (Standing from Sitting) Do you know anything about your mother’s family?
Kalam : (Respectfully Saying) My mother’s linage is the more distinguished, one of her forbears having been bestowed the of ‘Bhadur’ by British. I also  know you are the ideal couple.
Jainulabdeen: (Sitting) what do you know about your house?
Kalam : I live in our ancestral house, which was built in the middle of the 19th century and it is fairly large pucca house, made of limestone and brick, on the Mosque street in Rameswaram.
Jainulabdeen: (In a dreamy way) yes, you are fully correct. I am proud of my son. You see, I always avoid all inessential comforts and luxuries, and I want to give my all essential things to you but I am not a reach man. I only can give you cloths, foods and medicine.
Kalam : You are very good father. I don’t need anything father. I have a very secure childhood, materially and emotionally.
Jainulabdeen : Ok my son, now close your book and you go to eat.
Kalam: Ok, Thank your father.
                                         Seen - II
[Mother is in kitchen, decorating food items, Kalam running to the kitchen]
Kalam : (sitting on the floor of Kitchen) mother I am hungry, please give me food.
Ashiamma  : (looking at Kalam)  Don’t hurry Kalam. Is there any banana leaf?
Kalam : No, mom.
Ashiamma : ( come with banana leaf and foods ) Kalam take this banana leaf.
Kalam : (take the leaf and place it) mother how many things you have cooked today?
Ashiamma  : (Smilingly) Today’s items are rice, aromatic sambar, sharp, pickle and coconut chutney. (gives them one by one and sitting beside Kalam)
Kalam : Thank you mother, I have completed my eating.
                                                      Seen – III
[In the evening  Kalam going with his father to a Mosque for evening prayer wearing a traditional attire]
Kalam : (Suddenly) Father, why does our Rameswaram famous for?
Jainulabdeen : (simply saying) Rameswaram is famous for the Shiva temple and you know it is about ten-minute walk from our house.
Kalam : Father, is there any Hindu?
Jainulabdeen : (loudly) yes, our locality is predominantly Muslims, but there are a lot of Hindu families too, living amicable with their Muslims neighbors.
[Reaches at the Mosque and returning after prayer]
Kalam : (Curiously)Why are the people waiting for you out side of the Mosque?
Jainulabdeen: They are waiting to solve their problem.
[Near to the people Kalam seeing many of them offer bowls of water to his father and father dips his fingertips in them and say a prayer, someone gives him thank and then they going in front of Rameswaram Temple]
Kalam : (indicating some in front of Temple) Father, who is the person at the Temple?
Jainulabdeen: (Softly) He is Pakshi Lakshmana Sastry, the high Perist of Rameswaram Temple. He is also a very close friend of mine and I often discussing spiritual matters with him. Now let’s go home.
                                                      Seen – IV
[This routine is going for some years , Kalam is now eighteen years old, in the reading room Kalam was reading and Kalam’s father enters wearing traditional attire]
Kalam: Father, I have a question in my mind. What is the relevance of prayer?
Jainulabdeen:  (Thinking something and saying) Nothing is mysterious about prayer. It makes possible a communion of the spirit between people when you pray; you transcend your body and become a part of the cosmos, which knows no division of wealth, age, caste or creed.
Kalam: Father, Is there anything good or bad?
Jainulabdeen: In my own time, in my own place, in what I really am, and in this stage I have reached –good or bad – every human being a specific element within the whole of the manifest Devine Being.
Kalam: Then why do we afraid of difficulties, sufferings, and problems?
Jainulabdeen:  (Standing) when troubles come, try to understand the relevance of your sufferings because Adversity always presents opportunities for introspection.
Kalam: (Respectfully) Why don’t you say this to the people who come to you for help and advice?
 Jainulabdeen:   (puts his hand on Kalam’s shoulders and looks straight into Kalams eyes, and answering in a low, deep voice) When ever human beings find themselves alone, as a natural reaction, they start looking for company. Whenever they reach an impasse, they look to someone to show them the way out. For the people who came to me in distress, I am but a go between in their effort to propitiate demonic forces with prayers and offerings.
Kalam: (listening motionlessly with enthusiasm) Oh! What a speech. I shall remember this forever and ever.
Jainulabdeen:   (interrupting) I know this is not correct approach at all and should never be followed. You must understand the difference between a fear-ridden vision of destiny and the vision that enables to seek the enemy of fulfillment within ourselves.
Kalam:  Father , is there anything special to rise early ?
Jainulabdeen:   Yes, you know I start my day at 4 a.m. by reading namaz before dawn, and walks four miles to go coconut grove.  I return by walking with a dozen of coconut tide together thorn over my shoulder. It’s a great exercise.
Kalam:  (politely saying) Father, I throughout my life try to follow you and your Devine theory also. You are my best guide and teacher.








1 comment:

Heaven Of ENGLISH Studies

Sea Fever Questions & Answers

                                               Sea Fever 1. Name the poet and the poem from which this line has been taken.   Ans.   Th...